Microsoft Corporation SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER in Shanghai, China
Our new world of connected devices and continuous services is powered by the Azure platform. The Azure Platform, Ecosystem and Experience team (APEX) is an exciting team in the Cloud and Enterprise Division responsible for the delivery of the ecosystem platform for Azure, System Center, SQL, Power BI, Visual Studio, Active Directory among others. The APEX China team, located in one of the newest R&D facilities in the greater Shanghai metropolis, has an exciting opportunity for someone with drive and energy, passionate about delivering the One-Engineering system vision for super large scale cloud based services like documentation auto generation, content build & hosting, social apps, etc
In this role, you will be responsible for increasing the availability, reliability, scalability, and performance of our services-oriented architecture that enables content authoring and deployment in real time to our global user base. You will be a cloud infrastructure expert responsible for building out large scale workflows to aid the ecosystem and experience of Microsoft. You will be a strong collaborator with experience building scalable cloud-architected services to broad user bases.
• Act as the technical lead to drive the fundamental improvements of our services
• Closely with program manager team to design and implement the high-scale, microservice architecture using some technologies like GitHub APIs, Markdown, Docker, Azure Web Apps, Azure Functions, Cosmos DB, and Azure Media Services.
• Use growth mindset to drive the continuous improvements on the features delivered by customer feedback and live-site A/B tests.
• Make improvements of our engineering excellence to improve the productivity of the team
• BS or MS in Computer Science or 8+ of years experience in related technical disciplines
• 5+ years of a combination of software engineer, service engineering, or service operations experience
• Strong C# experience and proven expertise in delivering large scale cloud based services using Azure or AWS to a broad user base
• GitHub automation expertise a distinct advantage
• Outstanding communication skills, can deliver conceptual designs that cater to various audiences from engineering to executive briefings
• Proven engineering skills across the Microsoft Stack and Cloud Computing (including Azure / SQL Azure, T-SQL, SSIS, Data warehousing, SQL Server, HTML, C#, ASP.NET and infrastructure design)
Knowledge in all-and subject matter expertise in at least two-of the following:
• Building high-performance, highly available, reliable, distributed software & services
• Designing systems and processes for running enterprise or consumer services at scale, drive cost & operational efficiency
• Be highly data-driven in your design approach and build data management into your designs
• Windows Administration, including OS internals and troubleshooting tools
• SQL experience, preferably SQL server administration and design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.